Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Michigan car wash CCW killings: Stupid is as stupid does

 Michigan car wash CCW killings: Stupid is as stupid does

You know the story by now.

Two Michigan concealed carry permit (CCW) holders, 43 year-old James Pullum and 56 year-old Robert Taylor get involved in some kind of road rage.  Mr. Pullum pulls over to the side of the road at a car wash (for whatever reason) and Mr. Taylor, the alleged instigator, follows behind him.  The drivers exit their vehicles, an argument ensues and a gunfight breaks out.  The two participants die at the scene having proven their point.

Yeah I know, I wasn’t there and clearly one of these two men was the aggressor.  (Widely seen as Mr. Taylor whom we are told by witnesses was tailgating the other driver, Mr. Pullum)  I’ve had several people tell me that by calling both of these men idiots during my national radio broadcast on Sunday 9-22-2013 that I may be jumping to conclusions.   In one case I was reminded by one of my guests that we “don’t know what Mr. Pullum was thinking” when he pulled his car over which unintentionally or not, lead to the altercation that killed them both.

My response?  I don’t give a damn what Mr. Pullum was thinking when he pulled his car over at the car wash that evening.  It doesn’t matter what was going through his mind and no amount of reasoning will change the fact that this incident should never have happened.  E-mailers have told me that it’s easy for me to “Monday morning quarterback” the events “in hindsight” and that I may be unfair in my description of these two men because one of them (Mr. Pullum) may have only been trying to protect his passengers.

Seriously?  I’m jumping to conclusions?  Two men are dead.  Both of them shot and killed in a dirty car-wash parking lot, one of them in front of his wife and mother.  What conclusions would I be “jumping” to?  Under what circumstances would it have been acceptable for Mr. Pullum to voluntarily pull his car over and exit his vehicle to confront a road raging maniac unless he were forced off of the road by the other vehicle (which by all accounts he was not), and do it while he was in possession of a deadly weapon?

More @ Human Events

No comments:

Post a Comment