Saturday, October 26, 2013

Clerk pulls gun on robber, then loses job



Robert VanConett of St. Petersburg owns a 9mm semiautomatic handgun and has a concealed weapons permit. 

"I've had it for about four years now. I got it after the first time I got robbed," VanConett told FOX 13 News, adding there was a second robbery about this time last year at the 7-Eleven where he worked the past six years.

Then came a third armed robbery October 12. That was the one that cost him his job.

"I figured as soon as I pulled it, I was going to get fired -- violation of their policy," VanConett admitted.

Surveillance video shows a man entering the store, then throwing a cup of hot coffee on another clerk after the clerk opened the cash register. He waved a knife at VanConett and his co-worker.

"I thought he might come over across the counter so I figured I'd just pull the gun and scare him out," the soon-to-be-terminated clerk said. "After the third robbery, I guess it was time to start looking for something different anyways."

St. Petersburg police have no problems with his actions.

More @ Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment