Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Breathtaking Tribute to a Fallen Farmer

Via southwind

 

Recently, we got the most amazing note, from a photographer named Matt Rubel, with a link to some pictures from an unusual memorial to a young farmer in Illinois. We asked Matt for the right to publish his photos and for an explanation of the event, pasted below.

My mother’s family is from a small farming community near Champaign, Illinois.  Though I grew up a Navy kid and lived all over the world, I always loved coming to the farm.  As a child, I was fascinated by my grandfather’s tractors and farm equipment.  If my brother and I were lucky, we would catch Grandpa early enough during the harvest or planting season and be allowed to ride in the tractor.  They’ve always been a very tangible symbol of farming to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment