Friday, September 13, 2013

We're about done asking nicely with our words...

 

There is an interesting article linked at Drudge that talks about a group of counties in Western Maryland in which a Citizen group is seeking to split from Maryland and form their own state.  What is interesting is that this concept is cropping up across America.  There are several places across the country working to separate, peacefully, from their current state and form a new political entity at the state level that allows them to govern themselves according to their ideals.

Maryland is truly four different states.  The western mountain area is "Red".  The Eastern Shore is Red (farmland and watermen).  "Southern Maryland" is made up of Calvert County (Where I grew up on the waters of the Chesapeake with watermen and farmers), Charles and St. Maries counties.  That area is Red.  Then you have the center of the state from Montgomery County out to Baltimore, which is as Blue as it gets in America.  The Blue folks in Maryland are AT LEAST as Blue as New York and California Marxists.

Now, read this one quote from the author of the Maryland article:  I don't know about anyone else around here, but I'd have a hard time giving up Western Maryland. It's too nice for a bunch of grumps.

It is important to note that the author does not live in any of the counties that would be breaking away.  Yet, he'd "...have a hard time giving up Western Maryland..."

He believes it is his to give or not.

4 comments:

  1. Calvert County has grown a lot. I went to High School there when the motto was "Keep Calvert Country". You can't recognize the county these days. I have yet to attend any of my High School Reunions because I will not get a Hotel room in Virginia with a safe just because it is illegal to transport a handgun on a state road. I wish the Western part of Maryland good luck. I would proudly spend my money there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will not get a Hotel room in Virginia with a safe just because it is illegal to transport a handgun on a state road. I wish the Western part of Maryland good luck. I would proudly spend my money there.

      Yes indeed.

      Delete
  2. First it was rural Colorado counties. Now, Western Maryland-fed up with being ruled from Democratically-dominated central Maryland-want to go their own way. Hmmm. If two points determine a line and three a trend...who's gonna be next? Oh, well; Obama'll just channel Lincoln and finish trashing the Constitution to "Save The Union". WHEE! Another round of Reconstruction to look forward to!

    And here we were just getting over the last round....

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here we were just getting over the last round....

    Ain't that the truth.

    ReplyDelete