Sunday, September 1, 2013

Trooper shoots, kills armed suspect, second suspect flees

Via Equal Force 

 Scene of fatal OHP Trooper-involved shooting
 
An off-duty Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper shot and killed a man early Sunday morning at a Tulsa motel.

Capt. George Brown of OHP told KRMG at the scene the incident began just after 1:00 a.m. at the Best Budget Inn, 34 S. Sheridan Road.

"An off-duty trooper witnessed a couple of suspects, armed," Brown said. "Trooper exits his vehicle, feels threatened at some point, fires on a suspect, hitting and killing the one suspect. There were two suspects initially involved, the second suspect fled the scene.

More @ KRMG

7 comments:

  1. Glad cops have the balls still to shoot criminals.. I was getting scared for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of vague report. So, two guys standing on a second story balcony with some kind of a firearm, gets noticed by an off-duty cop... did I say they were standing on the 2nd floor... and the cop feels threatened a shoots one of them. No reference to what firearm they had and what the threat was. I dunno, sounds weird to me. I suppose the facts will emerge in some fashion.

    So.... If I am standing on a balcony or on the street somewhere in the USA and have a legal sidearm with a legal CCP in a state where CCP and open carry is allowed and an off-duty cop (not known if he was in uniform or not) yells some bullshit to me and I say F---k-off, the cop then feels threatened and has the right to shoot me. Just thinking out loud here.

    I am not an idiot. I know there must be a huge amount of common sense when carrying any firearm and when the authorities confront you, maybe the best way to stay out of jail and even alive is to conform...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely and I was curious also. I didn't check the laws, but I imagine OK would be pro-gun, don't know if Tulsa is different though.

      Delete
  3. Ya, sounds like an old Charles Bronson movie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to check his old Death Wish ones out again.:) Dirty Harry, to boot.:)

      Delete
    2. "I know what you're thinking, punk, did he fire six shots, or only 5...?"

      Delete
    3. Can't beat the Dirty Harry movies.

      Delete