Wednesday, September 25, 2013

More beautiful woodwork from David Martin






Brock,
 
I see you have the car pictures posted on your website Beautiful Woodworking (very nice site, by the way) so I thought i'd provide a few details about it. It is a 1942 Chrysler Town & Country wagon, commonly known as a Barrelback. These were only made in 1941 & 42, with 42 being a short production year due to the war. The 41s are rare, but the 42s are even more so, and only about half a dozen are known to have survived. I have about 11 months into it so far and will be working on it for most of the rest of this year. I only do the wood work, others take care of the chassis, sheet metal, paint. upholstery, etc... This project will probably be about three years total.
 
I would be glad to keep you updated on the progress if you would like. I have also included a few pictures of some of the other things I have built, you don't see too many of these around anymore.
 
If you are ever in the neighborhood, stop by the shop and have a look around. It's not much, just me and the mice, but you would be welcome just the same.
 
Cheers,
 
David Martin

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cars. Beautiful resto work! Wish I had that kind of talent...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ride. As I often tell the Bosslady - "You'd look good in that!".
    Post more pichers when you finish...

    ReplyDelete
  3. and just think, the only thing separating me from that fine ride, is a bunch of thousands dollar bills...
    sigh!

    ReplyDelete