Saturday, August 17, 2013

Skull-Stomping Sacred Cows….Again: Unconventional Warfare and the Modern Militia Movement

Via  avordvet

 


LANGUAGE

My esteemed colleague, and I write that without a hint of sarcasm, who posts under the pseudonym “Lizard Farmer,” is back from a lengthy hiatus, and *his first commentary back elicited negativity in numerous places, most notably from the elder statesman of the III%, Mike Vanderboegh. I don’t typically take the time to comment on other authors’ blog articles, attempting to focus on my own efforts to impart information, and stay outside the fray of virtual personality clashes.

There are only two reasons that I am posting an article commenting on this particular article. Number one, I think there was a misunderstanding when Mike V. read LizardFarmer’s article, concerning his intent (although it’s entirely possible that I’ve misunderstood LizardFarmer’s intent as well) and message, and number two, LizardFarmer cited my blog in his article. Finally, it’s a chance to say welcome back to LizardFarmer (okay, actually that’s three reasons….)

To begin with, while this will take some explanation for some readers (actually it probably won’t. This part is addressed to the dumbasses who “read” the blogs by scanning the title and first paragraph, then proceed to comment on it without actually having a god-damned clue what the fuck the article is actually about. I swear to the Gods, I’m going to start writing articles about SUT, but titling them “Fuzzy Pink Elephants Raiding Your Underwear Drawer!”), I agree with the basic premise behind LizardFarmer’s article. That may come as a shock to some because I teach a small-unit patrolling class in rural environments. For anyone who’s ever actually taken that class however, or who actually reads the articles I post on this blog, it probably won’t, because as I’ve recited ad nauseum, the fundamentals are the fundamentals and apply regardless of the environment. If you know and have mastered the fundamentals, the rest of it comes easy, based on specific environmental demands.

No comments:

Post a Comment