Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sheriff: E. Texas man holds burglar at gunpoint, accomplices arrested after chase

 According to preliminary reports, the homeowner arrived at his residence and discovered five men in his home who were in the process of burglarizing it.

Wednesday at 1:17 p.m., multiple units from the Smith County Sheriff's Office responded to a 911 call on County Road 4142 after a homeowner caught several men in the process of burglarizing his house and reportedly held one of them at gunpoint until deputies arrived.

"According to preliminary reports, the homeowner arrived at his residence and discovered five men in his home who were in the process of burglarizing it," said John Moore, public information officer, Smith County Sheriff's Office. "The burglars were in different vehicles. Four of them left the scene in a Chevrolet Tahoe, but one of them was in a different vehicle and was detained at gunpoint by the homeowner. A number of Smith County deputies, detectives and other personnel responded to the scene and took the individual at the residence into custody."

More @ KLTV

5 comments:

  1. That's my home town Brock. We talked about this at lunch. We also talked about "purple laws" here in Texas. Fence sign and my trees.. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm from the same area as well Brock. About 25 minutes east as the crow flies.. I don't know what I'd do if I came home with 5 dudes ransacking shit in my house. Oh wait, yes I do. ;) I grew up out in Indian Rock Tx and we had purple paint all over our place, so I am fully aware of what Anon above speaks of. You can't miss it when you see it. I have a sign in my yard now that reads "Nothing inside worth dying for".

      Delete
    2. "Nothing inside worth dying for".

      :)

      Delete