Sunday, July 21, 2013

Re-post: The (Vietnam) War and I [Excellent, new info and pictures]


This is what we saw when we finally reached the newsmen. John Cantwell, bloated in the heat and covered with flies, had been shot 17 times. The guy in the back of the jeep was actually sitting up straight, hands held high in in surrender.

 
Sean Flynn (left) and Dana Stone, less than two hours before they were captured. Sean and Dana were having bantering mock-argument in front of other newsmen about what they should do. "Flynn just wants me to go up there and get caught," Dana said. "After two years in Vietnam I'm not about to get zapped here."

*******************************************

Covers many of the journalists in Vietnam including those killed and captured, women and men 

4 comments:

  1. Found this in my wanderings:

    http://www.salem-news.com/articles/may152008/sean_flynn_5-14-08.php

    (You always continue to amaze me, Mr. Townsend)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words once again and what a find! Actually two and posted! Thanks again.

      Delete
    2. It was an interesting article - something I never knew. I bet there are so many, many untold stories....

      Delete