Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Michael Farris Of HSLDA Responds To Publius Huldah’s Critique Of The Parental Rights Amendment

 
 The best deal ever.  $10 a month for membership which gives you beside other things, free attorney representation in any Homeschool related problem.


Editor’s Note: After our very own attorney Publius Huldah, broke down the Parental Rights Amendment, we were contacted by Michael Ramey representing Michael Farris of Homeschool Legal Defense Association (HSLDA), who was the architect of the Parental Rights Amendment to the United States Constitution. Mr. Farris wanted the opportunity to respond to the article and so we are granting him the opportunity to do just that below. If you wish to read the previous article to understand Farris’ response, you may do so by clicking here. Our hope is that this will air out both sides so that parents can make an informed decision. “The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.” –Proverbs 18:17

The blog posted by Publius Huldah gives the appearance of a scholarly critique of the Parental Rights Amendment but it lacks any actual scholarship. In short, the author simply does not understand the subject matter of either parental rights or the basics of American Constitutional Law.

For readers who are unfamiliar with my thirty-six years of legal practice, let me give you a brief summary. I am a constitutional litigator who specializes in parental rights. I also teach constitutional law at Patrick Henry College where I am the Chancellor. I have published numerous law review articles and have written 15 books. I have argued before the Supreme Court of the United States, eight federal courts of appeals, and the appellate courts of thirteen states.

As the founder of the Home School Legal Defense Association, I have a clear record as one of the leading defenders of parental rights in the nation.

In addition to teaching Constitutional Law at Patrick Henry College, I also coach the Moot Court team, a form of debate that simulates an argument before the Supreme Court of the United States. My team has won seven national championships—including the last five in a row. No other college has ever won more than one championship.

I should also disclose that I am the principal author of the Parental Rights Amendment.

In short, I have the background as a teacher, author, and litigator to explain both the Parental Rights Amendment and the basics of American Constitutional law. Now let’s turn to the analysis by Publius Huldah.

No comments:

Post a Comment