Tuesday, July 2, 2013

El Dorado Sheriff pulls Federal officers’ powers to enforce state laws in his jurisdiction

Via avordvet

 https://cbssacramento.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/el-dorado.jpg?w=640

The fight that has the El Dorado County sheriff planning to revoke a federal agency’s enforcement power in his county is apparently over residents’ rights to carry guns.

Cory Ward is an avid outdoorsman who frequents the El Dorado National forest. But he’s concerned this paradise could turn into a police state.

 “I have felt intimidated,” he said.

He’s got a long list of complaints against federal officers who patrol the forest.

“They want to know what you’re doing here, where you’re going, do you have any firearms on board.”

It appears this exploding confrontation between Sheriff John D’Agostini and the U.S. Forest service may come down to guns, and the right to carry them, and whether U.S. citizens are allowed to bring them onto federal land.

More @ CBS

2 comments:

  1. Hey, El Dorado National Forest is in my back yard! The sheriff here is doing the right thing. I can't tell you how much ammo I've burned in that NF. I couldn't imagine being hassled for having a gun with me while there, but I guess in the new Obamanation, such a thing is the new normal.

    ReplyDelete