Friday, June 28, 2013

Texas teen makes violent joke during video game, is jailed for months

 Via Bill

 

A Texas teenager who has been in jail since March faces an eight-year prison sentence because of a threatening joke he made while playing an online video game.

In February, Justin Carter was playing “League of Legends” — an online, multiplayer fantasy game — when another player wrote a comment calling him insane. Carter’s response, which he now deeply regrets, was intended as joke.

“He replied ‘Oh yeah, I’m real messed up in the head, I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’ and the next two lines were lol and jk,” said Jack Carter, Justin’s father, in a statement to a local news channel.

More @ Daily Caller

6 comments:

  1. An online multiplayer fantasy game.. Sounds like the place where one could say anything they want since it's a fantasy game, right up until some doucher gets his little rosebud blistered and runs off and licks those jackboots because "that man said something that scare me". Hey doucher, you don't watch the news very often do you? If you did, you be scared for your life and making arrangements to prolong it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey doucher, you don't watch the news very often do you? If you did, you be scared for your life and making arrangements to prolong it.

      Ain't that the truth.

      Delete
  2. Read his interesting story at the link. What I noticed most was the way both sides gave a different portrait of the man. This is the difficulty I am having with my learning. There are so many conflicting stories. How do I know who is giving the true information? Guess I'd better keep on reading..... and reading.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, but I'd move on to bigger and better things.:)

      Delete
    2. Oops! My comment was supposed to be for the post on General Ashby - I don't know how I posted it here! Getting old , I guess. My bad....

      Delete
    3. I'll change it and thanks. I thought you had followed another link:)

      Delete