Friday, May 17, 2013

SWAT team rammed wrong man’s car, lawsuit alleges

Via avordvet

 SWAT team rammed wrong man’s car, lawsuit alleges photo

Driving in the early morning hours to his job at a metal shop in Buda, Miguel Montanez at first thought the approaching lights were a school bus or a tow truck.

But Montanez says it was a Hays County SWAT truck that rammed his car head-on. As they collided, another police vehicle pinned him from behind, he says.

 He heard a shot.

 “I saw my windshield crack, and I ducked down as low as possible,” Montanez said. “I really thought I was going to die.”

Seconds later, he says, three deputies were pointing assault rifles at him. “That’s when I heard one of the officers say, ‘Oh, (expletive), we got the wrong guy,’ ” Montanez said.

2 comments:

  1. "Oh f*ck, we got the wrong guy"...

    Seems to be the norm these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have to be sued personally. That would put a big break on these, just like the return of dueling would put a big break on slander and libel.

      Delete