Thursday, May 30, 2013

So…I’m a Raging Racist?

 image

I am so racist. It’s strong – my racism. And, I target it at not just one, but several people groups. The groups of people that I compartmentalize in my mind are…murderers, rapists, and pedophiles.

There, I said it.

Wait, what? Those groups have nothing to do with race? Every sane person should view people of those groups in a different category and consider withholding government benefits from them? Yeah. That’s what I thought.

So, the oddity is – why, for goodness’ sake, why – is the amendment to the Senate farm bill, which would ban convicted rapists, pedophiles, and murderers stirring up RACIAL controversy?

Apparently, Robert Greenstein was quoted in a number of lefty publications saying the following in his blog:

“Given incarceration patterns in the United States, the amendment would have a skewed racial impact. Poor elderly African Americans convicted of a single crime decades ago by segregated Southern juries would be among those hit.”

If you ask me, the only thing about this that could be construed as racist is his statement – not the bill itself.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if he'd be willing to take one of those "poor, elderly African Americans" into his home, give him a fresh start?

    ReplyDelete