Saturday, May 25, 2013

NC: Greenville Man Shares Story About Rescue After Lightning Struck Boat

Via NC Links


Just four days after he was rescued from his boat that was struck by lightning, a sailor from Greenville spoke to us about his adventure on the Sea Raven Monday, and his rescue after he set off emergency flares.

Guinn has quite the story to tell. From his rescue, to his acting days as a pirate, this is a guy who certainly leaves an impression.

Guinn has been sailing for more than 20 years, but earlier this week, on his way back from South Carolina, his boat was struck by lightning. Heading for the Beaufort Inlet with nothing but a compass for navigation, he pushed on.

"I'm looking at about 33 hours of no sleep, and because I'm the only one aboard, I can't stop," said Guinn.

Monday night, he says he was rescued by the Coast Guard. Even after the scary experience, he's eager to get back on the water.

"I went to the vessel, got her somewhat cleaned up, gave her the kiss and hug. I was like,I'll be back honey," said Guinn.

More with video @ WITN

No comments:

Post a Comment