Thursday, April 4, 2013

Update: NC Gun Bills

 http://www.ncleg.net/House/pictures/hiRes/633.jpg

HB 17 did pass on third reading on March 26, without the restaurant carry amendment I had intended to make to it.  I have spoken to some senators this week, who assured me the restaurant carry language will be included in their legislation.  Also, there was a meeting of about ten House members with the Speaker, concerning gun bills.  I was unable to attend that meeting, as I had a very important Transportation Committee meeting to attend at the same time. 

What I have been told is that the Speaker told the group that the plan is to take all the gun bills and put together an omnibus bill out of the best of the lot.  Three members have been given responsibility to work on this together.  I am told that the members who were in that meeting insisted that I be one of those three.  So I expect to be working with Rep. Samuelson and Rep. Speciale on this.  I’ll let you know how that goes.


Representative Larry G. Pittman
North Carolina General Assembly
House of Representatives
1321 Legislative Building
16 W. Jones Street
Raleigh, NC  27601-1096

No comments:

Post a Comment