Thursday, April 4, 2013

Jane Fonda: I Will Go to My Grave with 'Unforgivable Mistake'

  
 

& the sooner you get there, the better.

=============================

“Jane Fonda can kiss my ass, I wouldn’t walk across the street to watch her slit her wrist.”
       --Jim Webb 

“I made one unforgivable mistake when I was in North Vietnam, and I will go to my grave with this,” Jane Fonda says on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

The actress and activist made an infamous trip to North Vietnam in 1972 in which she was photographed singing with North Vietnamese military members as she sat on an anti-aircraft gun.

She was criticized then — and ever since — and says she understands the anger.

Fonda said she knew immediately that she had made a mistake and has apologized repeatedly, both privately and publicly.

She told OWN program “Oprah’s Master Class” that the event happened on the last day of her visit. She was tired, she said, and didn’t want to attend.

"I don't know if I was set up or not,” she said. “I was an adult. I take responsibility for my actions.

More @ Newsmax

4 comments:

  1. Unpublished Work © 2005 Mike Swagerty 1966-67 USMC

    There was a time I thought I’d live forever, I was too damn tough to die

    But after all these years of abusing myself I’m damned if I know why

    And it’s looking like my living days will soon be in my past

    But there’s one thing, Lord, that I need from you, before I breathe my last.

    I’ve probably asked for too much while I was taking up my space

    But, I need to ask for one more thing, before I leave this place.

    If you’ll grant me one last final wish, I’ll offer up my soul

    Then take me any time you want, while they plant me in that hole.

    Lord, please let me live , to see Jane Fonda die!

    Then you can send me down to hell, and I’ll smile while I fry

    I know you’ve let her live too long, but I'm damned if I know why,

    So, please let me live, to see Jane Fonda die!

    Some friends and I spent some time in a place called Viet Nam

    Most of us left here young boys, but we all came back a man.

    They didn’t let us make the rules, so we did what we were told

    And almost sixty thousand men lost their chance at getting’ old.

    Back home they marched against the war, and called us evil names

    Like ‘baby killers’, and ‘war mongers’; and said we were insane

    And, hell, we just ignored them, and let ‘em have their fun

    We’ve forgotten almost all their names, but we won’t forget this ONE…..

    While our friends were dying in the south, she flew up to Hanoi

    And sat on anti-aircraft guns that were shooting down our boys

    And the smile she wore while sitting there for all the world to see!

    Is something that we won’t forgive for all eternity!

    So, Lord, let me live to see Jane Fonda die!

    Then you can send us both to hell, and I’ll smile while we fry!

    I know you’ve let her live too long, but I'm damned if I know why.

    But please, Lord, let me live to see Jane Fonda die!

    Well, the traitor bitch went into hiding, for almost 40 years.

    But that don’t mean a hill of beans to the mom’s who cried those tears

    After losing sons who paid the price, so she could protest war

    So you need to send her down to Hell; we don’t want her here no more!

    OH, Please let me live to see Jane Fonda die!

    I wanna piss and dance on her grave, and then I’ll gladly fry!

    I know the price is condemnation, but this will be a celebration!

    So, Lord! Please! Let me live, to see Jane Fonda die!




    =======

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, a wonderful piece.:)

      I Want To Live To See Jane Fonda Die
      http://www.namsouth.com/viewtopic.php?t=4468&highlight=jane+fonda

      Delete
  2. That seems like a lifetime ago. I honestly think she regrets and is sorry for doing that. I try and be a good christian. But even after all this time I simply cannot forgive her.

    Badger

    ReplyDelete