Thursday, March 28, 2013

McClellan: One last call to service – end military funeral honors

Via Your Crazy Uncle Bubba

 

Blithering idiot.

Marc Garcia is a trumpet player who moonlights as a bugler at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery. He plays taps at the end of graveside services. If you have ever been to such a service, you know that the haunting notes of the melody provide an emotional end to the event.

Garcia contacted me recently to say that he and his fellow buglers have been replaced by a battery-operated bugle.

He wrote in an email: “When I sound live taps, I put all my spirit and soul into all 24 notes that I play, and that’s the same spirit and soul that our veterans gave to this country while serving. And now they are going to get a fake bugle? A live bugler adds that very important touch for the military service. To me, our veterans deserve the real thing and it’s a disgrace to present them with anything else!”

More @ STL

No comments:

Post a Comment