Friday, January 18, 2013

NC: Legislation restricting gun ownership


                                                             Picture of Warren Todd Daniel
 
Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns about 2nd Amendment rights.  I share your concern, especially in light of recent executive orders that have been issued by President Obama.  With his continued executive actions, it is becoming more and more evident that our Constitutional freedoms are under attack.  
 
I assure you that I will diligently monitor any legislation that is proposed this year in NC that would impact 2nd Amendment rights.  I was endorsed by the NRA in 2012, and I have and always will be a defender of the rights of law abiding gun owners.  With Republican majorities in both the NC House and Senate this session, I do not anticipate that any legislation restricting gun ownership will move forward.  Again, thank you for contacting me with your concerns about this issue. 
 
Sincerely,
 
Senator Warren T. Daniel
NC District 46, Burke and Cleveland counties
Legislative Building Room 1127
16 W. Jones St.
Raleigh, NC 27601-2808

No comments:

Post a Comment