Saturday, January 5, 2013

Comment on Are You Willing To Die To Take My Guns?

 

The following Oath at the end of this letter is taken by every US Army Service member upon entering the United States Army. Notice it says “defend the Constitution of the United States”. It doesn’t require defense of anything except the Constitution. Since I am no longer active duty I have no Officers appointed over me and will make my own decisions on what is, or is not a Constitutional or lawful order and have placed a modified Oath with my name.

I actually read the Constitution, have studied the writings and documents of the Founders of America, and have a very good understanding of its content as it pertains to the restraints it places on Government. America is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy, and continued assaults against the document intended to restrain Government will be met with the same contempt and derision that our forefathers demonstrated against the King of England. Our elected officials in Washington are losing the consent of the Governed and are so detached from the reality of life in America that they don’t even know this truth; or maybe they do and don’t care. It is time they became aware that millions of Americans are not simply going to sit back and watch as the Ruling Elite in Washington determine our fate and perhaps the fate of the world with their bungling examples of over spending and over regulation against the free men and women of America.

The Obama victory has emboldened those on the left with the belief that their views have finally prevailed and America is ready to roll over. I know many of you read the letter to Senator Feinstein from the Marine and that sentiment is prevalent throughout most of the 50 States. I'm not sure how many the number is exactly who actually understand what Molon Labe really means and how many will actually practice what they preach but I and many friends will not submit. Though freedom may be restricted they can never take our spirit or our will, and those who built this Nation expected that spirit to remain true. I recently read an article asking if there is a Warrior Class that has grown up in America centered on military service and I would say no...it was always there...

A hero is nothing more than a man or woman who had to make a tough choice in a tough situation. The hardest thing to do is move, and once that barrier has been crossed instinct kicks in. I believe that America is full of Heros and warriors and if the need comes they will step forward. The enemies of freedom are making themselves known to all who are willing to see. Who will the defenders of freedom be? My name signifies I will be one…MJ

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

My slightly modified version as a citizen of the United States of America

I, Michael A Johnston, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; So help me God.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Sir, thank you for your service.

    Yup, ours was not meant to be a democracy, but a Constitutional Republic - a huge diffference.

    I've taken the oath several times during my many winters on this earth, and I've meant it every time.

    Being willing to fight for one cause or another translates into being willing to expose oneself to death. I've never had probblem with that but, naturally, it was simpler when I was young and indestructible.

    I've never been a hero or considered myself a warrior of any kind. I've merely done my duty as an officer and gentleman. In fact, I'm most proud of the lives I've saved (in addition to my wife, children and grandchildren).

    Anybody that defends her/himself or her/his country is an American worth appreciation of others.

    When the time comes to make the decision and go for it, most decent people will display courage beyond belief. It's only when you go trough hell you know what you're made of. I'm certain most of us posses qualities our forefathers would be proud of.

    I keep on praying sanity enters the picture and this mess will be a sad memory soon forgotten by history.

    I, Tino von Feld, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; So help me God.

    Tino

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said also Tino and as an officer, even on active duty, your only allegiance is to the Constitution. Our forefathers would turn over in their graves if they knew we pledge allegiance to a flag instead of the Constitution.

      Delete
  2. I took that oath in December 1956 and have honored it ever since. Even though I think the Constitution would profit from some amending, I'll defend it until that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I think the Constitution would profit from some amending, I'll defend it until that happens.

      The problem is we can't be sure what would happen in a Constitutional Convention.

      Delete
  3. I said the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag for about seventy years and read a sentence of Brock's writing and swore off doing that. Do you think I'm easy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took that Oath a few years ago, I didn't see an expiration date back then, and still don't today.
    Semper Fi still means the same thing today as it did back then.

    ReplyDelete