Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Biden: Executive action can be taken on guns

Via midnightrider

 
 Kiss my ruddy, red rectum.

Vice President Joe Biden indicated Wednesday that the president will be able to take executive action to combat gun violence as he kicked off one of several meetings this week in response to the Newtown shooting.

"We're here today to deal with a problem that requires immediate action, urgent action," Biden said at the start of a meeting with leaders from gun control groups and several victims of gun violence.
"The president is going to act. There are executive orders, executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet, but we're compiling it all ... as well as legislative action, we believe, is required," he said.

Among the attendees at Wednesday's meeting, Biden said, "There is a pretty wide consensus on three or four or five things in the gun safety area that could and should be done."

More @ Politico

10 comments:

  1. Mmmmm 100 million ARMED CITIZENS review the Constitution and respond, Nope, no you can't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Bogan....I fear those 100M citizens are individuals who won't commit to bringing our scoundrel .gov to account. Will we stand together ? Alone ? You ? I ? All will change under this illegal scoundrel in the West Wing.

      I fear we are headed to the death camps. To the Gulags.

      DAN III

      Delete
    2. Some will certainty stand. All we can do is the best we can.

      Delete
  2. I would consider that a coup d'tat.
    Actually I think the coup has already happened, this would just be the final straw.
    Terry
    Fla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would consider that a coup d'tat.

      Good point and if there isn't a huge backlash, we had better regroup.

      Delete
  3. I will do my best. I know a few others that will as well. Are we enough? I don't know. I am hoping that in the end, we will not have to find out. Dosen't look good at this moment though. I owe it to my country to stand tall, as long as I can. It is all I can do. Sadly I live behind enemy lines,but in some ways that might have some advantages...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Peoples Republic of Maryland. Just outside of Satans Toilet, IE the District of Criminals.
    I found a quote from George Washington, in a letter to Bryan Fairfax, that has some bearing. "I could wish, I own, that the dispute had been left to posterity to determine, but the crisis is arrived when we must assert our rights, or submit to every imposition that can be heaped upon us, til custom and use shall make us tame and abject slaves..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent quote, and quite pertinent today.

      Delete