Thursday, December 13, 2012

Rice Drops Bid for Secretary of State

Oh goodie, now I can castigate the traitor Kerry unmercifully once again.


 
 
 
 
Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and a close confidante of President Barack Obama, withdrew her name from consideration as secretary of state on Thursday in the face of what promised to be a difficult Senate confirmation battle.

Rice has drawn heavy fire from Republicans for remarks she made in the aftermath of a Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, in which four Americans were killed, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

"I am highly honored to be considered by you for appointment as secretary of state," Rice said in a letter to Obama. "I am fully confident that I could serve our country ably and effectively in that role. However, if nominated, I am now convinced that the confirmation process would be lengthy, disruptive and costly."

Rice's decision increases the odds that Obama will turn to another top candidate for the position, Sen. John Kerry, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and the 2004 Democratic presidential nominee, to replace Secretary of State Hillary Clinton when she steps down early next year.

More @ Newsmax

2 comments:

  1. God how I despise that man. He can`t even use his real name ' Kuhn ' . I won`t bore you with my opinion of the cult of the ' Bonesman ', or it`s member`s.

    ReplyDelete