Sunday, December 23, 2012

A FNC comment posted in a Forbes gun hit piece

Via Richard
 

They can kiss my ruddy, red rectum.

In a dream last night, my father, dead since 1997, was scraping the NRA sticker off the back window of his SUV.

My father loved his country and was immensely proud of his service in the United States Marine Corps. All of his brothers served in a branch of the US armed forces and, at one time or another, taught my cousins and I to safely fire rifles and pistols. In my freshman phys ed class at the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science, we were required to learn to shoot a rifle for target shooting purposes (although I think planting the seed of arming future inner-city pharmacists was an ulterior motive).



I loved fishing with my dad and extended family but the deer hunting genes stayed hypermethylated in my case. I even think my mother tolerated my dad’s annual hunting habit until he hung a dead buck from our backyard swing set before he could bring it to be butchered.

I had many sociopolitical disagreements I had with my father, such as when HIV/AIDS activists were protesting drug access & prices outside of nearby Roche and he said that they brought the disease on themselves. But his love of war stories, rifles, and shotguns never extended into the realm of automatic or semi-automatic weapons. *My cousins can correct me if I’m wrong but our uncles never saw fit to have firearms other than those that fired a single shot at a time.

More @ Forbes

*I didn't know your uncles, but can guarantee you are wrong, dorkhead. Please stick to your supposed expertise.

David Kroll
David Kroll, Contributor
I’m a scientist who writes about the drugs and science in your life.

David J. Kroll, JR PhD
1605 Springfield Lane Durham 27705
 
Director of Science Communications at the Nature Research Center of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences and Adjunct Associate Professor of English at the North Carolina State University College of Humanities and Social Science (CHASS) where I teach science writing and reporting in the MS in Technical Communication program.

4 comments:

  1. Really, my AR only shoots one bullet at a time......;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) True, I ought to spring for a bump stock. By the way, loved your bullet poster which I just put up and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NC State mailed me begging for money for 55 years. Last year I broke down and gave them $125. Wish I had it back. I am now officially ashamed to be an alumnus. What a moron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Don't these "morons" know how stupid they sound when they spout off about that which they don't know? Oh, I guess moron explains it........:)

      Delete