Saturday, November 10, 2012

What Doesn’t Kill You

Via Matthew


It’s time for me to come out of the “closet,” and admit something which I’ve been hinting around for months, uselessly so because I’m sure most of you were able to put the drop dead obvious two and two together.

I was a Todd Akin staffer, and almost certainly would have gone onto his permanent Senate staff, either here locally or in D.C., if he would have won.

That said, I know stuff, and over time, I’m going to start blabbing about stuff, knowing full well that there are people who would rather that I not.  One such person has the initials K.R.  Inconveniently for them, it is extremely unlikely they’ll be able to figure out who I am.  Keep your dial locked to this blog’s frequency.

As you know from reading my posts in this space over the years, and my comments on AR, I am ultra picky, almost to the level of James Edwards style parsimony, when it comes to politicians.  I don’t spare even the ones I like from my wrath when they say or do something stupid (see:  Bachmann, M.).  Most of you who read this space regularly would think that Todd would be just another lamestream/religious right Republican that I would support half the time and make fun of the other half.  But if someone as picky as me was for him for the beginning, going way back to the brutal free-for-all Republican Congressional primary in 2000 for CD-2, that was because I saw something in him that I didn’t and don’t see in most of his analogues and contemporaries — that should tell you something.  I so believed and believed in the person of William Todd Akin, and still do, that I will spend the rest of my competent lifetime if necessary engaging in an unsolicited unofficial public relations campaign to save the good reputation of a really good man. 

People can vote for or not vote for anyone they want, and they can have or not have whatever opinions they want.  But nobody in any good moral sense deserves the river of shit that was sent Todd’s way, especially when the truth is handier.  The left wing was bad enough, but far worse was the treachery and perfidy and backstabbing from so-called “friends,” such as the aforementioned K.R., Sean Hannity (who is now for “but it’s not amnesty” amnesty for illegal aliens), and that emaciated barbie doll in Florida (initials A.C.).  Among many others.  But it’s like I was always told, you will find out who your friends really are and are not in a crisis.  Over time, I’m going to name names, so you can find out who your friends should and shouldn’t be.

More @ Countenance

No comments:

Post a Comment