Thursday, November 15, 2012

Transcript of Ron Paul's Farewell Address


 

Farewell to Congress

This may well be the last time I speak on the House Floor.  At the end of the year I’ll leave Congress after 23 years in office over a 36 year period.  My goals in 1976 were the same as they are today:  promote peace and prosperity by a strict adherence to the principles of individual liberty.

It was my opinion, that the course the U.S. embarked on in the latter part of the 20th Century would bring us a major financial crisis and engulf us in a foreign policy that would overextend us and undermine our national security.

To achieve the goals I sought, government would have had to shrink in size and scope, reduce spending, change the monetary system, and reject the unsustainable costs of policing the world and expanding the American Empire.

The problems seemed to be overwhelming and impossible to solve, yet from my view point, just following the constraints placed on the federal government by the Constitution would have been a good place to start.

How Much Did I Accomplish?

4 comments:

  1. Sad sad sad the last true Patriot in the Govt. I think he accomplished a lot,in the last few years he turned on a lot of young kids to Freedom,the Constitution,gold vs fiat money. He attempted numerous times to audit the Federal reserve (oxymoron) official name for private bankers.In my humble opinion a Damn good man. I think he thinks he failed us,I think we failed him!Poor Ron,common sense just doesn't cut it in Govt! Farewell Patriot!America faces a profound loss!

    China
    III

    China

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the video over at Curtis' place. I agree with China. I think he started something. It is now our obligation to keep nurturing those who believe. They are our future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I posted the video last night, but saw this today, and thought I should post separately. He'll still be backing those he wishes and he did get quite a few elected this past election and I can always hope he'll run for something again.:) 2008, 2012 and 2016!:)

      The Ron Paul Revolution Brings In 8 Congressmen
      http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-ron-paul-revolution-brings-in-8.html

      Delete