Thursday, November 8, 2012

The time for talking is done, the time for voting is done.


VERBATIM 

It Is Not Just Business, It Is Personal 

 There is no news today. Hopes that the decline would be abated for a little while longer were dashed, nothing else. It is a day of mourning for the lost soul of America, I suppose, but the America we remember was gone long ago.

November 6th was the day that proved to many of us that we were right: that when the takers discovered they had the votes to demand a living from the rest of us, they would use the oppressive power of government to get it and the politicians will get what they want by promising them our stuff.

I almost had a bumper sticker made up one time that made one simple statement: "stop proving your generosity with my money."

It is what it is and now that Obama has been re-elected we will get everything Obamacare threatened. We will get massively more intrusive government. Yesterday, the timeline accelerated for government oppression and control, but it never would have been stopped by an election and we all knew it.

It is not yesterday, it is today and we need to figure out what to do about it. One cannot educate the masses out of wanting free stuff. One cannot prepare their way out of the world their children will inherit. One cannot kill their way out of the facts.

Yesterday proved that the Tea Party was a failure, a good run, a noble attempt, but ultimately a failure. The Tea Party exploded from the idea that the government was not all powerful, that when the average citizen stood up, they could overpower government control. It didn't work. The momentum and power that the Tea Party initially drew on was wasted in trying to work within the system, to change it somehow. I broke from the Tea Party when they didn't understand that they had to evolve into a more radical institution.

I won't threaten you with a vision of the future, we all know what it will be: "May I see your papers? Where are you going this evening? This is a restricted quadrant, you must turn around and go back."

There are two options available to those who value liberty and will fight to re-establish our God-given rights. There is direct action against those who have violated the rights of others and there is waiting for the economic apocalypse to somehow create order out of chaos.

The time for talking is done, the time for voting is done. It is time to start making plans and taking action. Every day that goes by we will be in worse shape and less able to carry out any resistance.

I don't know what is going to happen in the next few weeks, but we have all been warned in the oil field that if the election went to Obama there would be dire consequences to the industry. I don't know what that means. I don't know what oil companies have in mind, or what actions they might take. I don't know it if is a forward-looking statement, or just a realization that if fracking is banned the great discoveries in petroleum technology would dry up the Bakken and every other method of shale-oil production through horizontal drilling and fracking.

I do know that the day I am put out of work by the policies of this government is the day it becomes personal.
 

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to the fraternity, of we who have or are about to lose everything we have worked a lifetime to attain as a direct result of this government`s policy`s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but I've been reading these kinds if sentiments since 2008. I don't think the will is there. It will have to get much worse before anybody is willing to risk prison time. We're generally law abiding citizens, its ingrained in us, we're not gonna run out and start shooting, or stop paying taxes, or start burning police cars and smashing windows like they do during G20.

    A number of blogger/activists/radio personalities will have to be taken away in the middle of the night or some other egregious offense before enough people decide its time to act. They're not gonna come and take our guns, because they're not worried about us starting anything. Hell, most of us will probably give 'em up when they pass a law.

    I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not optimistic about the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not optimistic about the future.

    As am I and it will most certainly take a lit powder keg to start things and we may very well be given one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate that you allow all comments. My pessimistic comment over at liberty sphere, yesterday, apparently didn't make it through moderation. My comment st liberty sphere, yesterday, didn't male it through moderation. I guess he only wants comments calling for uprising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stand the sites that make you "prove you're not a robot" and I only post on a slight few as it's a pain on the butt. "Moderation" is for commies.:)

      Delete
  5. "Moderation" is for commies.:)

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I knew I was just a little bit better than him.That's the way you have to think you know"

    Carlos Hathcock

    Think it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sir. Were you related by any chance to the VN sniper Carlos Hathcock?

      Delete