Friday, November 9, 2012

CIA Chief Petraeus Resigns

 
CIA Director David Petraeus resigned his post as head of the nation's leading spy agency on Friday, saying he had engaged in an extramarital affair and acknowledging that he "showed extremely poor judgment." 
 
In a letter to the CIA workforce, Petraeus, 60, said that he met with President Barack Obama at the White House on Thursday and asked "to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position."

"After being married for 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair," he wrote. "Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours."

More @ Newsmax

1 comment:

  1. I recommend reading "Legacy of Ashes" for a good history of the incompetence, duplicity, and corruption of the CIA. I was saddened when Petraeus took the job. I couldn't believe he was low-down enough to hold the job. If he had read the book he would have expected to be sacrificed. I read in his scuttling that he was, in fact, too good a man for that job.

    ReplyDelete