Monday, September 10, 2012

Obama to Ron Paul


I can't seem to read this yet without tearing up.

Just in case Catherine is too shy to share

Profile: Dublin’s Delegate, Catherine Bernard

Catherine Bernard: a Voice for the Unheard

Catherine Bernard isn’t your typical delegate to the Republican National Convention. The Dublin public defender is relatively young, but the convention hall is peppered with youthful faces. She was one of Georgia’s 4 delegates who did not cast their vote for nominee Mitt Romney, opting instead for Ron Paul. And in 2008, she voted for President Barack Obama.

Bernard recalls how she was once a member of the Democratic Party, before switching parties when she began her law career.

“I had always had a negative impression of the Republicans,” she said, “and then I became a public defender and I just saw that government was not operating as a positive influence on the lives of these poor people.”

My cup runneth over.

Horace

2 comments: