Sunday, September 16, 2012

H.K. Edgerton stands against desecration of war memorial

Via Carl



Waving a St. Andrews Cross Confederate battle flag, noted Confederate historian H.K. Edgerton stood on a Waynesville street corner last week. Edgerton spoke to all who would listen about the truth of what the flag stands for and the misuse of black Americans in propaganda against Southern heritage.

Reports say a Jackson County attorney demanded removal of a confederate battle flag from the Confederate war memorial on the Haywood County courthouse grounds. Edgerton and members of local Southern heritage groups said this was a desecration of the war memorial and asked the flag be replaced.

“Every monument on the courthouse [Haywood County] has the colors of its soldiers,” said Edgerton. “Stealing my flag and desecrating this war memorial is not right.”

According to Sons of Confederate Veterans member Derrick Shipman, they have placed the Confederate colors on the memorial every year during the month of May to celebrate Confederate Memorial Day.

More @ The Tribune

8 comments:

  1. I knew Waynesville well. Come next May it will be my joy to be there for the decoration or the Whatever. Edgerton is a hero of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "According to Sons of Confederate Veterans member Derrick Shipman, they have placed the Confederate colors on the memorial every year during the month of May to celebrate Confederate Memorial Day."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May 10th is Confederate Memorial Day in NC.

      http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2012/05/confederate-memorial-day-may-10-1911.html

      Delete
    2. My DeBruhl relations have a reunion around then at New Bern, actually Tuscarora. I have another dream on my blackboard now.

      Delete
    3. Damn! Check this map out. http://tinyurl.com/9azokd7 Tuscarora is C and B is where my 6X grandfather, his wife, and five of his six children were killed by the Tuscarora Indians at Core Creek, NC. We must have known each other in a prior life.:)

      http://www.namsouth.com/viewtopic.php?t=119&highlight=tuscarora

      Delete
  3. It is becoming obvious to me that you have been charged by the 'Verse with getting Horace's butt back to the Old North State. "'Verse" is from my favorite Sci-Fi movie, Serenity. I go around preaching to the down and out, "Decide what you want and have the requisite Intent and talk about it all the time and the whole Universe will swing round and give it to you." Emmet Fox said all this the year I was born, 1933. But it took my older son to introduce me to Emmet Fox. This afternoon I asked my Washington State son if I should go to Spokane, to meet him, or Tarboro, NC at the end of the month. How long since you were in NC, he asked?--3 years Washington State?--10 months. A no brainer, was his response. It is so great to have children smarter than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so great to have children smarter than I am.

    Heh!:)

    ReplyDelete