Monday, September 10, 2012

AP Online Economics Class for Homeschoolers

Via Julianne


Welcome to Economics for Non-Traditional High School Students!

I am a State certified (Texas and Illinois) high school economics teacher with 10 years experience teaching Advanced Placement Macroeconomics and Microeconomics. I have 100+ hours of College Board training in Economics. I am a veteran of the USMC and a small business owner for many years. I have a degree in Political Science with a minor in Economics.

I am offering this class on a "Pay What You Want Basis". I will have a PayPal account set up for you to pay what you think the class is worth to you (or we can set up an alternative form of payment), or what you can honestly afford to pay. There is no set fee. I will leave that up to you. Pay nothing or pay what you feel it is worth to you---I will not judge you.

Regardless of what you decide to pay, I will still give you access to all the resources I have, such as the live lectures, tests, quizzes, and homework. I will answer any questions you might have during the time in between classes as well.

Classes will be held ONLINE at www.wiziq.com using video and whiteboard technology. There is nothing for you to join to get access to the class.

***Classes will be an hour and a half long beginning at 6:00pm Central Standard Time (US) and held twice a week (MONDAY and THURSDAY)***
I will have a personal grade book for you at www.quia.com where the tests and quizzes you take will be recorded. It will serve as a formal record of your grades. Upon successful completion of the course, I will send you a signed certificate of completion you can use for documentation purposes.

The class will focus on Macroeconomics and taught at the level of a high school Advanced Placement class. The Advanced Placement curriculum is broad (see here--scroll down beyond "Microeconomics") and challenging.

Please keep in mind I mirror the rigor of a college introductory economics class---in scale and scope. Students will be adequately prepared to take the Advanced Placement test for Macroeconomics administered by the College Board in May of 2013, should they desire to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment