Friday, August 31, 2012

Senator Huntley charged with falsifying business records, conspiracy in 'charity scam'

Via safetalker

Sen. Shirley Huntley in handcuffs after surrendering today.

State Sen. Shirley Huntley was arrested this morning and pleaded not guilty to charges that she allegedly funneled taxpayer money through her Queens non-profit program.

Huntley and several other defendants did not speak during their initial appearance in a Mineola courtroom. They were all released on their own recognizance and ordered back to court on Sept. 14.

Outside court, Huntley repeatedly said “It’s a great day” to every question fired at her.

The Post first reported last year how Huntley, a who represents Jamaica, Laurelton and South Ozone Park, tried to direct $155,000 to her Parent Workshop nonprofit.

She’s been charged with conspiracy in the fifth degree, tampering with evidence and falsifying business records.

Prosecutors will claim that Huntley and other defendants falsified papers, making it appear that Parent Workshop performed services stated in the contract, when no such services were ever performed, sources said.

More @ New York Post

15 comments:

  1. "Outside court, Huntley repeatedly answered, 'it's a great day' to every question asked of her."

    What an arrogant prick. It's so true that crimials are by and large below average in intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since no party affiliation was mentioned, I guess it's safe to assume she's NOT a Republican?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably, not that the other party is worth much more these days.:)

      Delete
  3. "if I had a sister, she would look like Shirley"

    Guess who?

    Terry
    Fla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rarely a day goes by that I don't remember the movie, Godfather II, I think, where Frank Pentangeli tells Michael Corleone, ""Look, let's get 'em all -- let's get 'em all now, while we got the muscle."

    But this particular criminal beast was right. "It's a great day." My wife presented me with my 28 year sobriety medallion at a noon meeting. We are the ultimate winning family. Keep the faith.
    Horace Smith
    NCSU class of '55.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 28 year sobriety medallion

      You can rest assured that I will never receive such, though I might be in running for the most days/years and continual imbibing.:)

      Delete
    2. I bet your not in the league with a couple of my dear departed friends. I say drink it if you can handle it. Nobody loved it better than I.

      Delete
  5. I bet your not in the league with a couple of my dear departed friends.

    If I make it 3 more years I'll break 150K beers not including the hard stuff that I don't drink anymore, but I do love my Bloody Mary's.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I concede. You're the champ. I hope you make it.

      Delete
    2. How does it look for the PATCON?

      Delete
  6. You ever hear of living One Day At A Time? I'm writing the book on it. Horrendous vertigo and resultant sea-sicness, intestinal blockage, and the ever-present peripheral neuropathy have made my life incredibly interesting of late. I am immersing myself in Scientific Prayer, as learned from Emmet Fox, to realize the name of the person who is going to drive me to your event. No one can count on me anymore to do anything except be rigorously honest and offend many.

    One small question from my limitless ignorance. Will PATCON be at your Cape Carteret address or somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for this answer. Your readers may think I'm complaining. Never. Any day above ground is a good day. I told a beautiful red-haired waitress right in front of my wife yesterday that it was the greatest day of my life and that she was the icing on my cake. Old guys can say anything.

      Delete
  7. It will be outside of Tarboro at my Dixieland.

    http://postimage.org/image/wqzjjykor/full/

    ReplyDelete