Thursday, August 2, 2012

Auditing Shooting Rampage Statistics

Via The Feral Irishman


Last week I posted a graphic on the Silver Circle Facebook page claiming the average number of people killed in mass shootings when stopped by police is 18.25, and the average number of people killed in mass shootings when stopped by civilians is 2.2. I based it on the 10 shootings I covered in last week’s Pop Friday post and I did the math myself.

The graphic was met with great enthusiasm and much skepticism. Leave it to Facebook users to demand an audit on a meme. So, I started over, only much more meticulous this time. I compiled and analyzed 93 shootings, and I am now prepared to present my findings, complete with a link to all the data. But here’s a spoiler… It’s not that different.

More @ Silver Underground

No comments:

Post a Comment