Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A few from the Moneychanger

The Moneychanger



On 15 August 1863 the Confederate States Ship Tallahassee captured six yankee schooners. I bet the yankees were hot about that.

If I hang around here I don't see anything but my family and cows, sheep, pigs, & chickens, but travelling shows me the faces of America -- well, and lots of other body parts as well. My trip revealed to me two of America's great dilemmas. First, there is clearly a shortage of mirrors around the country, so people have no chance to look at themselves before they leave the house. I think this calls for Federal Government Mirror Stamps for everybody -- Mirror-Care, Obamer ought to call it. Second, the women's fashion industry is suffering a terrible cloth shortage. Poor things, I don't know how they keep from freezing to death, & lots of 'em are so desperate they've taken to wearing their underwear OUTside their clothes.

On 15 August 1947 after 200 years of British rule Indian became independent and was divided into India & Pakistan.

On 15 August 1861 East German workers began constructing the Wall of Shame, the Berlin Wall, to keep all the workers in the Workers' Paradise, or make it easier to shoot 'em when they tried to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment