Sunday, July 8, 2012

Global Guerrillas Update


Photo: The throne of the future?

=========

Global Guerrillas
VERBATIM POST

I'm trying to get my enthusiasm for writing Global Guerrillas posts again.

So much has changed since I started it back in 2004 (you will see how much when I update my picture). Part of that process is a new Facebook Page I can share small thoughts with you on a daily/hourly basis. Its for thinking that is too small to put on the site, but may through discussion yield bigger posts. So, if you want to join me, like it to join it.

Why a lull in enthusiasm?

First, a little history.

Global Guerillas started as a personal notebook on the future of conflict. However, since I was running one of the companies that created a lot of the early blogging software (RSS and the first aggregator/subscription system) you now use everyday in Facebook/Twitter/etc., it was natural for me to blog it publicly. The result was pretty amazing.

The stuff I wrote about here, a combination of continuous exploration and constant feedback from amazing readers, led me to formulate three theories of conflict for the 21st Century:

  • Open source warfare and protest.
  • Systems disruption (radically supersized sabotage with new rules)
  • Superempowerment

It appears these theories were at least partially correct. The CIA, NSA, and DoD (including the JCS) all asked me to brief them on numerous occasions. Also, the practitioners in the field from the US special ops world to Henry Okah's MEND and others all used it in conflict. I've heard that many people used the principles of open source conflict/protest when moving Occupy along and I even heard recently that it was very useful in founding Anonymous. So, the theories have traveled, although my part in that was only by publishing this site and writing a book on where things were going.

Since then, I've been focused on building the future of peace and prosperity over at Resilient Communities. As a site and a community it is growing amazingly quickly and well (smart people). It's rewarding work since it is about helping people take advantage of everything that is currently available but undervalued/reported to build successful, abundant, and prosperous lives no matter what happens in the future...

So, while the motto of this site might be, "Bad things happen and here's why," the motto of Resilient Communities is, "Bad things happen, so what? Here's what we can do about it."

I'm not sure if Global Guerrillas has run its course or not. We'll see. There's still plenty of bad stuff in the wings, gaining steam. New revolutions in warfare made possible by self-replicating and self-provisioning weapons, from bio to drones to malware.

Let's see if we can get GG going again. Join me on Global Guerrillas Facebook page and share some pictures/ideas that may spark more thinking....

1 comment:

  1. Odinga`s throne ?.His phony American cousin want`s one just like it.

    ReplyDelete