Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Comment on Fear That Kills

http://morrisonworldnews.com/?p=49228

@ Fighting For Liberty

Fear That Kills

=======
RegT on said:

As a former peace officer, I will correct you on the behavior of the LVPD cops: they were not afraid of the man with the gun. One on one, they would be, but not when they respond in force. The killing of Eric Scott happened because there are too many cops – and apparently, it is an even bigger problem in Las Vegas – who want to get the chance to kill someone.

Any opportunity to do so under the illusion of “defending” themselves against a man with a gun is Christmas for them. It’s a freebie, where they know they can get away with murder and never be held accountable. They get to shoot to kill without cost to themselves. They get the “thrill” of being the bad-ass gun-fighter, the SWAT warrior.

Just like the scumbag cop who leaned in – after all the other SWAT “heroes” had finished filling him full of lead – and fired his pistol at the prostrate form of Jose Guerena’s dying body.

When I worked at San Diego PD as a police officer, we called these guys “felony cops”. They were the guys who would ignore the radio, ignore other officers who needed assistance with a car accident or a domestic violence call, and only respond to robberies, burglaries where the perp was believed to still be on scene, or any other call where they would have the chance to draw their gun and maybe get to take a shot at a “bad guy”. It didn’t matter whether he was really bad or just a victim of someone’s suspicions of him doing something wrong.

These are also the same guys who fought to get on SWAT. Not only could they get a chance to kill someone, they could do it with cool tools, HK MP5′s, M4′s, or a sniper rifle.

It’s not about fear, really. It’s about killing – not in self-defense, but as homicide, as murder. And since it is pre-meditated, since they plan on doing what they have to in order to get a chance to do it, it is indeed murder in the first.

4 comments:

  1. This morning I called an insurance company to discuss a policy I have. The lady asked, "Are you here in Denver?" "No," I responded, "I'm in Aurora although I don't brag about it with the recent police behavior." She laughingly said that she understood and used to live in Aurora.

    I visited Tucson for the whole month of February, 1948 and was really taken by Arizona and have been back and all over the State many times. The Guarena murder by the Pima County Sheriff's personnel broke my heart and I've told everybody I know what I think of it.

    If I had any power I would have called all the Marines home from guarding Karzai's poppy fields and called all the retired Marines to join them in Tucson to confront the Sheriff's craven deputies. As long as I'm alive I will tell people about that beautiful family of Jose Guarena and what was done to them. Thanks for keeping this memory alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had any power I would have called all the Marines home from guarding Karzai's poppy fields and called all the retired Marines to join them in Tucson to confront the Sheriff's craven deputies. As long as I'm alive I will tell people about that beautiful family of Jose Guarena and what was done to them.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My doctor is always asking me why my BP is high? It's one report after another of "murder by cop" against the innocent. It seems that almost daily that we hear about or read of the unprecedented abuse of citizens by "militarized" local and state LEO's. Ain't sure how to explain it all to the doc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. . It seems that almost daily that we hear about or read of the unprecedented abuse of citizens by "militarized" local and state LEO's.

    Really.

    ReplyDelete