Saturday, June 30, 2012

Comment on Death of a Nation

At gas station in east Texas yesterday:

Clerk was older guy (50s), owner of the station.

clerk: What can I do for ya?

ME (putting my drink and candy bar on counter and fishing out FRNs): Well, you can start by getting me a new Supreme Court.

clerk: Better yet we oughta just pack the capitol to Austin and to hell with those bastards in DC. We'd do a lot better on our own not even being part of the United States. All they do is bring us down. Texas oughta just be our own republic.

This was a guy who is a long time local business owner, friends with all the local politicians, upstanding community member, etc.

Oh, next guy waiting in line heard conversation and threw in a 'hell yeah, screw them bastards, we oughta be independent!'

Kind of heartwarming.

3 comments:

  1. We're trying, tho for every positive story, there's some Negative Nancy who says we can't. Nevermind that if everyone who says "Texas should be independent again" would stop before uttering that "but..." we'd have enough votes to do it! Too many of them have been brainwashed into thinking that we're dependent on the FedGov for our continued existence. http://www.texasnationalist.com/index.php/info/news/featured/1858-we-need-to-educate-the-doubters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head`s up,cuz I`ll be heading that way,either seeking political asylum or just a refugee.I`ll load my truck`s and trailer`s up with what I need to start over and be on my way.

    ReplyDelete