Monday, June 25, 2012

Charleston Post & Courier launches major attack on Examiner.com writer

Kyle Rogers' photo

The Charleston Post & Courier launched a major attack on me in their Sunday, June 24th edition. The article appears on the front page complete with my photo and incendiary rhetoric meant to demonize me.

The fact that the P&C prints radical left-wing editorials as “news items” on their front page is probably why the paper is losing thousands of paying customers per year. The paper has been hemorrhaging jobs for years now as it goes down the drain. The paper saw a staggering 13% drop in circulation in just one recent 18 month period.

Last March I wrote an expose on the media's treatment of George Zimmerman. The article became famous and received over 550,000 views and over 200,000 Facebook shares. A producer at CNN told me over the phone that everyone was talking about me and that I had “changed the national discourse” on the media frenzy.

As the staff at the P&C watches their job security dwindle away, they don't take too kindly to a right-wing amateur writer showing them up. They decided to launch a major attempt at character assassination. Reporter Glen Smith told me his editor assigned him the task of writing about me. He begged me to let him come and take pictures of me in front of my house. I told him I wasn't interested in helping the paper with their obvious goal of making my home a target.

Glen Smith is listed as both the crime reporter and the lifestyle reporter. The paper has been forced to lay off so many people that its reporters are now wearing multiple hats. The old crime reporter was Noah Haguland who did an excellent job and was very well liked and respected by the public. Smith, however, is one of these stereotypical liberal hacks with a ponytail.

I did talk to Smith for over an hour on the phone. From our conversation he looked for what small snippets he could take out of context to look incendiary. Next to my face is a statement that I believe black slaves hit the “slave lottery.” This was a few words taken out of context from about a five minute discussion into the African slave trade.

Even though I have never written about the slave trade before, Smith was keenly interested in asking me questions about it.

More @ Examiner

No comments:

Post a Comment