Sunday, May 13, 2012

A scythe & boots



For some reason, the following scene is engrained in my mind though but a brief few seconds many years ago. As I was driving to the farm one morning, I passed a farmer who supported his family on a small farm. This morning he was cutting weeds in his ditch with a scythe and I observed his water bottle and boots side by side a short distance away. He took off his boots to save wear and tear.

The video below makes a good perspective between bare feet and a scythe

Video via Traditions & Skills


2 comments:

  1. Scenes of this kind are what it mean`s to be an American.I was too young to realize it at the time ,but one of the most cherished memories of my life was having seen my grandfather work team`s of horses plowing and drawing log`s.The video-game generation will never know ,or for that matter even care how much of real life they will never experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We had tractors, but also mules and horses.

    ReplyDelete