Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Defense: More Concepts To Take Into Consideration



Rainy weather is giving me a little slack time so I’m back at it today – and please excuse me for crappy art I’m not an artist. In the last entry we examined the immediate zones (A through C) and dissected their strengths and weaknesses. I originally wanted to start covering some of the measures we’re going to take in that zone but feel that it’s important to cover some basic methodologies before I get into that. During this entry we’re going to take a few pieces of military defensive theory and apply it with some minor changes.

First up the acronym OCOKA is going to help us better evaluate the defensibility of our immediate Area of Operations (AO) and give us something to focus on when it comes to improving and modifying our position. OCOKA is normally used in the evaluation of determining defensive positions but since our defensive position is pretty much already set for us we don’t have that luxury. Nonetheless OCOKA can be useful for our purposes. Before we go any further I’m going to define OCOKA and give some examples of how and what it applies to in our immediate AO. OCAKA is:

No comments:

Post a Comment