Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Defense: Applying Logical Processes In Planning and Execution of Homestead Defense



Before I start getting neck deep into physical and procedural measures we can take to defend the old homestead I feel that a brief overview of tactical thinking in probably in order. At this point we are primarily concerned with defensive theory so I’m going to introduce you to a few things that will help you understand and use basic processes a little easier. Note I’m not a fan of the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP). It’s not simple nor probably realistic for our purposes. Due to those facts I’m going to present some easier tools to work with.

The first concept I refer to is known as the “OODA Loop“. It’s a brilliant little model developed in the late 50s by an Air Force Colonel named Boyd to depict combat processes. It’s very simplicity is it’s brilliance. The simplified OODA loop we’re going to use consists of four logical stages that occur in almost any action. Those four stages are:

More @ The Lizard Farmer

No comments:

Post a Comment