Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sheriff Joe: I Will Not Be Monitored by Feds

The battle between President Barack Obama and Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio is getting nastier with both sides accusing the other of playing political games.

Talks due to start on Wednesday to attempt to resolve allegations of racial profiling in Arpaio's office were called off at the last minute amid name-calling from both sides.

Arpaio claims the federal government is trying to take over his department as part of a political witchhunt against him.

"I am the constitutionally and legitimately elected sheriff and I absolutely refuse to surrender my responsibility to the federal government," he said in a press release posted on his website.

"And so to the Obama administration, who is attempting to strong arm me into submission only for its political gain, I say, 'This will not happen, not on my watch!'"

More @ NewsMax

2 comments:

  1. He needs to arrest anyone who try's to usurp him. Doesn't matter who it is.

    ReplyDelete