Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ron Paul Ends Presidential Bid, Resigns From Republican Party and Congress Paul Will Lead State of Texas To Secede From Union

If only it was true.

========

Dump DC

VERBATIM POST

By R. David Murphy
Royters News Service

LAKE JACKSON, TEXAS – Congressman Ron Paul announced today that he is ending is bid for the Republican Presidential candidacy for 2012. But the rest of his speech today was shocking and holds serious ramifications for himself and the State of Texas.

Congressman Paul called a press conference at a makeshift podium in the driveway of his Lake Jackson, Texas home. With his wife Carol at his side, and his son Senator Rand Paul standing to his left, next to Daniel Miller, president of the Texas Nationalist Movement, Paul quietly but forcefully read from a prepared speech.

Doctor Paul said, “It has become clear to me that the election system in America is hopelessly corrupt and broken. In every caucus…in every primary…in every state where we worked tirelessly to spread our message of smaller Constitutional government, we found widespread vote counting fraud. We won many caucuses and primaries outright, but the Republican political bosses would have none of it. Continuing to campaign between now and the Republican convention would be an exercise in futility, and a betrayal to the hundreds of thousands of Ron Paul supporters. So, effective today, April first, my quest to become the Republican presidential candidate is ended.”

“Now, I would like to speak to all the faithful men and women, old and young, who have been so supportive of my candidacy over the last eight years: Thank you so much for your faith in me. To quote the writer Victor Hugo – ‘There is nothing that is stronger than an idea whose time has come.’ The goal of smaller, manageable, lawful government is that powerful idea. But the remaining presidential candidates do not hold to this idea. Each one, it his own way, embraces big government and endless wars. So I hereby release all delegates to the Republican convention with the hope that each delegate will refuse to vote for either Romney, Santorum or Gingrich.”

“In addition, I hereby announce that effective immediately, I resign from my position as Congressman from the 14th Texas Congressional District. I can no longer participate in what I have come to see is a government entirely out of control, which is running headlong toward economic and political collapse.”

“Further, and finally, I will continue to fight for accountability, small government, individual liberty and property rights. But not in the way you might think. I have come to a crucial philosophical conclusion. The only way that our goals and commitments can come true on the North American continent is through state secession. Nullification of Federal law will be ineffective because the states have neither their own money nor their own militias. Fighting in the courts takes too long, and we could not reasonably expect a Federal court to rule against itself. The only way left to do what the Declaration of Independence called us to do – to throw off such government, and provide new guards for our future security – is to secede from the Union.”

“I ask all the people who have supported the Ron Paul candidacy to join me in a commitment to liberty, and to the dream of secession. Toward that end, I hereby announce today that I will lead the fight in my home state of Texas for Texas independence. Texas was a sovereign nation before statehood, and in order to wrestle control away from the Federal government and merely survive as a people, Texas must secede from the Union and become a sovereign nation once more. I will gladly seek the office of President of a New Texas as soon as Texas is once again a nation.”

“Thank you for your attendance at this press conference. We will not be taking any questions at this time. Goodbye and God Bless Texas.”

And with his signature wide grin, Ron and Carol turned and walked back to their front door.

Daniel Miller, remaining at the podium, stated: “This is an historic day for Texas. We will move forward with all haste and urgency to lead Texas to independence. Ron Paul is the perfect man to lead Texas to sovereignty, and Texas will take its place among the nations just like Sam Houston predicted.”

Senator Rand Paul had these words: “I grew up being taught by a man who is a servant leader. I completely support my father’s decisions, and will do whatever I can to help him achieve his goals.”

Copyright 2012, Royters News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Happy April Fools’ Day.

15 comments:

  1. Texas might be the only place left where people have enough guts left to fight back.
    Liberty Valance

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think you are going to live after going for Liberty in this country, you aint been paying attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn,I would move to Texas! Steiner,some of us won't,but those that do, Will Live!!!

    China
    III

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn April Fools joke.

    I wish it was true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We lived in TX for 3 years (2003-2006) - returned to WA State for a job which would add to the 15+ years I had with that company. I still miss TX every day. If this were true we would be returning to the Texas Republic. God Bless Texas.
    _Revjen45

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this were real and Ron Paultard were to lead a move to secede, I would be against it... Whatever that old moonbat does, do the other way, you'll be a lot better off..

    Here in Texas most of us wish he would resign from Texas, that's NOT an April Fools joke..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings:

    "states have neither their own money nor their own militias"

    Who says they don't?

    Hasn't anyone ever heard of the State Defense Force?

    Not all states have them, but many do, and I'm certain Texas does, for I've heard people talk about them.

    No, the State Guard, or State Defense Force, is NOT part of the National Guard, although National Guard facilities are used for training.

    The State Defense Force functions as the cadre for the state's unorganized militia (all able-bodied citizens), and they are the state's true "minutemen".

    For more information, refer to:

    http://www.sgaus.org/

    And/or view my video at:

    http://youtu.be/MzelvIy0PYo

    Thank you.

    John Robert Mallernee
    Armed Forces Retirement Home
    Gulfport, Mississippi 39507

    ReplyDelete
  8. Texas Fred...

    What don't you like about Ron Paul? Just curious. His belief system has never changed and you folks have elected him to the congress a total of 11 times.

    Like I said, just curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Texas Fred,sir I seen your post a bit ago went on and done some work,but having never heard anyone refer to Dr Paul like you did well I had to come back and ask why? In debates he seems smart and logical and the only candidate who knows we actually have a Constitution.So what sort of Moonbattery are you refering to? Most of the Texas bloggers I speak to like him a great deal! Info Please.

    China
    III

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I can say is:

    #1. Texas should secede and annex (as an extension of North Texas) the State of Oklahoma , the only state where all 77 counties voted A-G-A-I-N-S-T Obama, and the next state on the fast track to go full tilt "open carry". Maybe that would get the Texas Legislature to follow suit on the issue. Imagine Texas/OU weekend then. Hey, it's all in fun.

    #2. The Babbling Texas Fredblog doesn't speak for a lot of people on Ron Paul, including me. Ron Paul beats the current pResident. Right. But I'm glad Fred is out there just to stir his personal cesspool with his personal Evinrude. The stink helps people think...See? He ain't all bad.

    #3. Remember The Alamo! In light of the current turmoil at the border, it might be good to refresh the memory on that one.

    #4. All seriousness aside...sorta kinda, this is April 1st isn't it? ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must admit, that for a brief second my black little heart went pitty-pat!

    Curse whoever thought this would make a good "fools' day" joke -- I am 100% serious when I say that if this had been true my FIRST act would have been to go buy a box-truck and begin loading my "Can't live without it" belongings therein - and within 7 days I and whatever of my tribe wished to join me would have been wearing "yellow roses."

    I would - without thinking twice - walk away from everything I own to join the Republic of Texas.

    I would have called the auctioneer and said "come clean it out" (house, garage, sheds, etc) and sell it for whatever you can get." Next call would be to the Realtor "whatever it takes to sell it in 30 days or less." Both would be instructed to look for my letter to tell them where to send the check.

    Maybe someday my dream will come true.....

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn I got all excited till I realized it was an April fools joke. I would be to Texas before next weekend.

    ReplyDelete