Friday, April 6, 2012

For Our Posterity

There is only one purpose of the Liberty Movement for me and that is to "secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity." Without the qualifier of "our posterity" I would not have any reason to remain idle, not one minute longer.

My liberty is lost, there are no lines that need to be crossed to push me toward action, those have all been crossed. The single thing that has kept me on the sidelines so long is the prospect that my duty is to secure liberty for our posterity. A self-indulgent single act to take retribution against those who have stolen my liberty would be easy. I know those who have taken it, I know where they are, I know what to do about it. But, does that do one single thing for the generations to come? Not in my estimation. In fact, it could set the movement back ten, twenty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment