Thursday, March 29, 2012

I’m worried that American college graduates are becoming more obviously birdbrained by the year.

Ain't no question about it. :)


Old English v. New Elites

Intelligent people worry that our new “meritocratic” elite may become a hereditary caste. Charles Murray sees something ominous in the fact that for 25% of modern married couples, both partners have a college degree, whereas only 3% did in 1960. He and others worry that such assortative mating will produce a caste of high-IQ overlords. I have no such worries.

More @ Taki's

6 comments:

  1. I'm not worried. I'm certain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, there are a number of useless college degrees or degrees in things that what we used to call "soft science". Women's Study for example. This is not science, it is activism. Does not create smart people, just angry ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too often, colleges and universities are more focused on more degrees for the benefit of more student fees
    , not more education.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Women's Study for example. This is not science, it is activism. Does not create smart people, just angry ones.

    Yes, purposely so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I concur. I have "relatives" that are multi-degree holders and doctrinaire Marxists unable to do anything but vomit the party line. No attempt at critical thinking. Since I am not collage trained and supposed to be a "Republican" because I am not a Communist, I am a closet racist who's every word is parsed and dissected to prove their point. Too bad the next day thoughtful people in the media and else where are saying the same thing.

    Do you think there is an apology? Not.

    God, I want to move to Wyoming...

    ReplyDelete
  6. God, I want to move to Wyoming...

    Or anywhere there are kindred hearts, I presume.

    ReplyDelete