Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Speak No Bush

Jaded Haven
Verbaim Post

Rod Dreher speaks a harsh truth.

Can you find a single significant point on which Romney, Gingrich, or Santorum differ substantially from George W. Bush? It’s amazing. If Bush were considered a successful president, they would be bringing him up all the time. That they do not, even as they have an incumbent Democrat they deride as a failure, tells you that they know Bush and his legacy are poison. And yet, they may not believe in Bush, but they sure believe in what he stood for. And so does the GOP base, evidently.


Here’s the precise point where I take flight from the base and my lifelong political party. I’m no longer willing to support non-conservative, unconstitutional, financially unsustainable domestic or foreign policy agendas simply because of their Republican origins.

I don’t want a disastrous repeat of the Bush years and can’t imagine why anyone of sound, conservative mind ever would.

The GOP has pushed me into the contrarian Ron Paul camp this season, I wish more would follow because the grand old party needs a serious overhaul.

2 comments:

  1. We are in the same boat I see. I voted for McCain in '08, only to have him author the NDAA Konzentrationzlager act. Fuck the elite of both parties. They just want to enslave us for their vile purposes. And I will not live under that yoke, so I will stand with them no longer.

    The republicans left me a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. No more the lesser of two evils and it seems more and more are coming to this conclusion.

    ReplyDelete