Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Republicans: I will vote for Ron Paul, or I will vote for Obama. Your choice.

Kent for Liberty
Verbatim Post

I don't believe in voting. Neither do I believe politics is an ethical way to get anything done. But, I wonder if or how a political threat might work. Yeah it probably violates the ZAP in that if voting is an initiation of force (which it seems it might be), then threatening to vote is advocating or delegating an initiation of force.

However, ignoring all that for a moment...

I wonder what would happen if liberty lovers, en masse, told Republicans in no uncertain terms that if they nominate anyone other than Ron Paul, we will all vote for Obama. Even if we have to register to vote to do it. Even if we otherwise would never even consider voting, period.

Think of it as putting a mortally injured, dying America out of its misery, if the offer of medicine* is refused.

Just a thought.

I may try this out on my "conservative" relatives. Or, I may post the "threat", without all this post's contemplation, and minus all the uncertainties, somewhere in this form:

Notice is hereby given to the Republican party and all Republican voters: You have a chance to do the right thing. You can nominate Ron Paul. If you nominate anyone other than Ron Paul, I will register to vote, and I will vote for Obama. I will encourage all of my liberty-loving friends, contacts, and acquaintances to do the same- even if they have not voted before or in many years. You will be throwing away your nomination by nominating anyone other than Ron Paul. Is that what you really want to do? It's your call.

Added: I just thought of a shorter way to phrase this threat: "Republicans- I will vote this time, for the first time in years. But, I will either vote for Ron Paul, or I will vote for Obama. Your choice." And, no, I don't really intend to vote.

(*Yeah, it could be debated whether this is medicine or a placebo. Or even a poison. I'd still enjoy seeing what Repubs would say or do if this idea went viral. I'm not perfect.)

13 comments:

  1. ABOUT FRIGGING TIME THIS GETS SOME TRACTION!

    I've been saying this since Herman Cain was driven out...

    I *SWORE* last time - when I held my nose and voted for McStain - that I would never do it again!

    Since then, it's become OBVIOUS to me that unless we have a SERIOUS about-face, our Republic is **DONE**

    We need someone who will drive as hard to the RIGHT as The Enemy has driven us to the Left - and the ONLY one who MIGHT be capable of that is Ron Paul!

    If a collapse is inevitable - as I believe it will be with anyone BUT Ron Paul - then the question becomes this:

    "Would we be better off with a FAST collapse, or a slow slide into oblivion"

    I believe the answer is obvious - LET'S GET IT OVER WITH! Since it's plain that Obama's desire is to drive us into the ground, then HE'S OUR MAN!

    Ergo, it will be Ron Paul or Obama.

    One or the other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HERE'S THE PETITION - LET'S SPREAD IT FAR AND WIDE!

    http://tinyurl.com/Paul-or-Obama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say it more charming:

    Ron Paul the only viable contender
    OR I'll go Barrack in November !

    Best wishes for the Ron Paul Revolution 2012 from Germany. We're watching you! We put our strongest hopes in you. We'd need a Ron Paul here even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. or...

    Quarter of the Nation is the haul
    they vote Obama if there's no Ron Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. or...

    If Winning Half The Nation Is No Drama
    You Take Ron Paul Or They Obama

    ReplyDelete
  6. Establishment or people,
    what's your notion ?
    Ron Paul or nothing
    be my motion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a poet and don't know it!:) I'll pass these along.

      Delete
  7. I don't think I could vote for Obama, but fact is that with anyone else but Paul, nothing about the police state will change. I am sick of being threatened and degraded by the neo-cons, so they can SUCK IT.

    At worst, I just won't vote on the presidential ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Then there's the reality that a middle-schooler could hack our electronic-machines and it would be UNDETECTABLE!

    There's currently *NO WAY* to really check, and no paper-backup so no way to do a recount...

    I did a post on my blog a week or 2 ago about this - the details are STAGGERING!

    http://dumbolddad.blogspot.com/2012/01/free-and-fair-elections-not-here.html

    It's all a tyrant's wet-dream!

    ReplyDelete