Friday, January 27, 2012

The police are the problem

Vox Popoli
Verbatim Post

There aren't just a few bad apples. They're an intrinsically rotten fruit:
A DeKalb County family’s dog was shot and killed Tuesday night by a police officer who went to the wrong house when responding to a domestic incident, Channel 2 Action News reported. The officer went to Bobbie Currie’s home on Silva Court around 9 p.m. in response to a domestic dispute call with a possibly armed person.

The family’s German shepherd, which was chained in the garage, lunged at the officer, and was shot and killed, according to Channel 2. Currie’s husband, Anthony, told Channel 2 that the officer also pointed his gun at him and told him to put his hands up.

“I said, ‘Why [did] you shoot my dog?’ And he said, ‘Well, I’ll blow your brains out,’” Anthony Currie said.

A DeKalb police supervisor sent to the scene said the officer made an error.

“Subsequent investigation determined that the actual address that he was looking for was actually across the street,” DeKalb police Lt. Dane Cunningham told Channel 2.

The officer is not facing disciplinary action pending an internal investigation, Channel 2 said.
I don't despise the police because one of them happens to be an idiot who can't read a street address, is needlessly abusive, and is intoxicated with his government-granted license to kill. I despise them because they ALWAYS defend their evil "brethren" and refuse to hold them accountable no matter what they do. They have no honor and they refuse to be held accountable for even the most despicable actions.

At this point, I would be far more confident having to rely upon the actual Mafia than in the badge gang. It's no longer any mystery why the annals of military history are rife with examples of the dreadful behavior and cowardly performance of police units.

Even street criminals usually don't shoot dogs. Especially not dogs that are tied up and can't possibly hurt them.

5 comments:

  1. ‘Well, I’ll blow your brains out,’”

    & do whatever possible about the cop's remark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know criminals are using cop uniforms to rob people.

    He shows up with out IDing himself and shoots the dog.

    His incompetence is shown by going to the wrong address.

    Smoke him. I thought he was a burglar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really. They'll learn. Can't believe how the majority of cops have changed since I grew up. They were my friend back then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a deputy in the early 80's and we by gawd weren't like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure, Sir. I remember being put on the bus as a child in Northern Virginia by my mother who was sending me to visit my grandmother in Littleton, NC. The police chief picked me up at the bus and took me home.:)

    ReplyDelete