Tuesday, January 31, 2012

GUERRILLA FORCE COMMUNICATIONS CONCEPTS

(In lieu of the promised third installment of the "Equipping the Guerrilla Fighter" series, which is still in the writing stages, I offer the following for readers. This article came about as a result of a conversation on the topic with a co-worker on Friday It subsequently brewed in my head until I felt obligated to include my thoughts on the subject within the blog.

I've also decided to tone down the formality of my prose style somewhat. While I've tried to keep the prose very third-person and somewhat inoffensive, the reality is, that's not how I speak. So, while I will still attempt to keep the profanity to a dull roar, I hope readers will pardon the somewhat less formal tone I will take as these articles continue. --J.M.)

In the real-world of small-unit warfare, communications are absolutely critical to surviva and success. Whether it is organizing and conducting "combined" operations, with the subversive underground and/or other guerrilla force elements, coordinating re-supply from caches wth the auxiliary, or maintaining security of the guerrilla base with LP/OPs and roving security patrols, secure, effective communications networks must be developed and maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment