Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Girl and Her Gun Give-A-Way

Via North

Two commenters have volunteer to give the winner 300 rounds also.

A Girl and Her Gun
Verbatim Post

*UPDATE* I changed the dates. There is no reason we need to wait until March for the drawing. I picked March because that was the month on the one year mark, but who cares. 30 days is plenty of time and I think there are actually a lot of good courses that take place in March, so it will run from yesterday January 3rd, 2012 to February 3, 2012 at midnight. The drawing will be on February 4, 2012.

Last month I started talking to my husband about wanting to do something positive and encouraging for the women out there that might be like me.

Women, who for whatever reason are looking for a way to help themselves.

So as we approach the one year mark of the event that literally changed my life, I have decided to have a Give-A-Way.

And it is just that, a Give_A-Way. There is nothing for you to do. You don't have to give any money to my favorite charity, or like me on FaceBook, or even let me blog about your training(although I would really love it, if you do). It is just my gift to one of you.

I have been very blessed by this community and I have been very blessed by the training and support I have received, so what better gift can I give a woman, than the gift of freedom.

The freedom that comes from knowing she can defend herself.
I think we all know that simply taking one class won't necessarily do that, but it's a start.

As I said in my last post, "Good guys don't always win, but together I think we can up the odds".

I would like to help one woman up the odds, so if you are interested keep reading...

Here are the details...

The prize:

I will pay $300 towards any reputable beginning self defense shooting course in the United States.

Who Can Enter:

Any female who is interested in taking the next step in learning how to defend herself in the event that she may need to. I would really prefer it be a new shooter that hasn't had any formal training to this point.

How To Enter:

Leave a comment specifically saying you would like to enter or email me at agirlandhergun@gmail.com subject Give-A-Way.

This will run from January 3, 2012- February 3, 2012 at midnight and must be redeemed by September 2012.

On February 4, 2012, I will put the names into a "hat" and pick one. That person will have until September 2012 to register for a class and when she does, I will send the $300 to the school/course/instructor.

It can not be redeemed for cash and can not be used for any other purpose. If the winner does not register for a course by September 2012, the prize will be forfeited and the drawing will be redone with the remaining names.

I would appreciate you're help in spreading the word. I think there in only one official entry right now, so the odds of winning are pretty darn good.

I am very excited about this and you all will be doing me a huge FAVOR, if you let me be a part of doing something positive for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment