Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Emily: Why I still haven’t bought a gun in D.C.

After careful consideration, I have decided to buy the Sig Sauer P229 two-tone. I knew I wanted a full-size 9mm that I could handle well and that felt comfortable in my hands (click to watch a video of me shooting it.)blackgun

To help with the final decision, The Washington Times launched a poll seeking input from gun enthusiasts. The Sig Sauer won with 27 percent of the vote. The Springfield Armory XD(M) was a close second with 23 percent, and the Glock 17 came in a distant third at 15 percent.

Along the way, I realized I should choose one made in the USA. This narrowed down my options significantly, but I discovered that the P229 was manufactured at Sig's plant in Exeter, NH. Plus I think their guns look cool -- especially the two-tone (black and stainless) version.

Quality guns are expensive. As I am new to the gun world, I thought it would cost maybe $400. So I was surprised to find that a new ones ranges from about $600-$1,200.

MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment